You specialize in the latest hair styles and trends, and your clients trust you with their looks. They are important to your business, and you are vitally important to them! We do the same thing with insurance: we specialize in helping salons with their insurance and risk management while staying current with the latest trends. Because we specialize in this area, we have access to specialized insurance programs for salons many other agencies do not. We take the time to understand your business and your unique needs. Only then do we create a customized strategy and present different options. We work to provide our clients with the best possible insurance programs at competitive prices.
When reviewing our clientsâ€™ needs, we consider many different types of coverage some of which include:
- Business Interruption Insurance**: Coverage for interruption of your business due to things like fire, tornado, hurricane, extended power interruption, etc.
- Directors and Officers: If your business is a corporation and run by a Board of Directors, this coverage provides protection to them.
- Disability Insurance: Coverage for you and your employees in the event of a disability or other inability to work.
- Employee Dishonesty: If an employee steals from you, this will have you covered.
- Employment Practices Liability Insurance: Coverage in the event you are sued for things such as discrimination, harassment, or not complying with the Americans with Disabilities Act.
- Equipment Breakdown: Coverage for when a major appliance or other piece of equipment breaks down. Coverage can include a broad range of equipment, including heating and air conditioning, laundry machines, and technology.
- General Liability Insurance: Coverage for injuries to those who come into your salon. For example, if someone is hurt after falling on a wet floor or trips on an electrical cord, you're covered. This type of coverage also includes fire legal liability in the event a fire in your establishment spreads to an adjoining property and causes damage.
- Health Insurance: Perhaps you want to make insurance available to your employees, with or without subsiding the cost. This also allows you to make health savings accounts or flexible savings accounts available.
- Hired and Un-owned Auto Insurance: Coverage for conducting business using a private vehicle, if it is involved in an accident and suit is brought against you.
- Professional Liability Insurance: Coverage in the event that one of your clients is hurt due to an error by you or one of your staff, for example, being scalded by hot water, chemical burns, or being cut with scissors.
- Property Insurance: Coverage for the contents of the salon: chairs, sinks, tanning beds, beauty products, etc. If you own your space, this type of coverage also includes the structure. If you are renting, then this coverage includes coverage for permanent improvements you have made.
- Surety Bonds: A surety bond may be needed as part of your state licensing requirements.
- Umbrella: Coverage that extends the limits of your liability insurance.
- Workers' Compensation: You are required to carry this type of coverage by state law.
Regardless of whether you are just starting out with only one chair, or are well-established and managing many, we are here to serve you. Contact us today to speak with one of our specialists about your insurance and risk management program.