Ways to Maintain Your Home & Prevent Losses
Here are a few maintenance tips you might want to add to your Honey-Do list:
- Caulking - helps to prevent model and water damage.
- Dryer - Lint Traps and Exhaust Ducts - prevents dryer fires
- Inspect & Repair Roof
- Test & clean the sump pump and pit - helps safeguard against basement flooding
- Inspect & clean chimneys year - over $25 million in direct property damage from 2009-2013
- Clean & maintain gutters and downspouts which can cause damage to your foundation
- Check for termites every couple of years
- Regularly maintain pipes & plumbing - burst pipes can send water throughout your home
- Inspect your deck
Performing these maintenance tips can help you mitigate the risks to your home which can result is thousands of dollars of damage.
Source: Property Casualty 360